As Shamanic Counselors, we are often approached to help someone. However, we sometimes discover that for what ever reason, there is a reluctance to change. This leads us to some Food for Thought…
- Do you ever go to the Doctor for a sore throat and then decide you would rather keep your sore throat?
- What scares you more: change or remaining where you are with your issue(s)?
- Are you willing to work an a personal issue or would you rather have someone else do it for you?
- How much time are you willing to commit to yourself to make things better for you?
- Do you believe in pills?
- Do you believe in the power to heal yourself?
- How much would you spend to banish a headache? How much to save your Life? How much to save another?
- How committed are you to change if it greatly improves your Life or “fixes” an ongoing issue?
- How involved in your well being are you?
- What is your welling being comprised of?
- Do you ever listen to your body? Do ever listen to your Soul? Is there a link between them?
- Do you have hope for the future?
- Have you given up?
- Are you a fighter?
- Do you have a sense of survivorship or a victim mentality?
- Do you feel sorry for yourself?
- How do you ultimately want to feel or BE?
Before one can make change in their life, there needs to be the desire to change. This desire needs to come from deep within and it needs to be fully embraced, regardless of how hard the road.
Change takes courage and can certainly lead one into finding their deepest levels of personal strength.
Wish you all the best along the Path,
Paul & Neelam