Take your mind out of the gutter 🙂
What I refer to is playing with your Inner Child, after all, it is you.
In our practice, we often see folks who work through an issue, connect with their Inner Child(ren) and forget about that beautiful Inner Child who returned with trust and a childs’ innocence.
We advocate maintaining that connection and doing so pretty much everyday. This leads to some Food for Thought….
- When you were a child, what was your favorite thing to do? When was the last time you did this?
- If you are a parent, when did you last share this activity with your children?
- When were you last a kid?
- Look in the mirror and see if you can still see your child self in your eyes. How deep did you have to look?
- How involved are you with your Inner Child(ren)?
- Would you like to feel like a kid again? Why or why not?
- What would make you feel like a kid again?
- What did you want to do as a child and never had a chance to? What is stopping you from doing it today?
- What was the funniest thing you did from your childhood?
- When was the last time you laughed like you were a child?
- When was the last time you looked up at the clouds and saw animals in the sky?
- What was the last thing that held you in awe and wonder?
- If you could say anything to the child in you, what would you say?
- How good of a parent are you to yourself?
Inner Child work is fascinating as it resolves so many issues and does so with a souls understanding.
It is important to also be playful with ones Inner Child and also with the work itself. As adults, we tend to focus so much on achievements and tasks and goals, and by doing so, FUN is pushed way into the dark corners of ourselves, attracting cobwebs.
Lighten up, laugh, have fun and let the kid play!
Paul & Neelam
2 thoughts on “Food for Thought: Playing with yourself”
I was just going thru your inner child questionnaire.and I felt an instant healing take place. I cried.and I was cleansed.so…wow! If I connect so well to a questionnaire long distance….I’m def doing the workshop with u guys.thanks.
Thank you Dr. Asha. We’re touched too by your kind words. We look forward to meeting you soon ❤
Comments are closed.