Today is November 2. 2015. It is also Dia de los Muertos or The Day of the Dead.
This is a holiday celebrated throughout Mexico, in particular the Central and South regions, and acknowledged around the world in other cultures. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died, and help support their spiritual journey.
In western cultures, this is also All Souls or All Saints Day.
Infact, such celebations are common around the world, many of them occuring in Mid-Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere.
This leads me to some Food for Thought…
- Do you think about your Ancestors?
- If so, how often? Is it to a specific ancestor? How far back do you go? How far forward do you go?
- In what way do you think of them? Is it a mere consideration…is it direct communication? A passing thought? A day long kind of thing? Is it perpetual or is it tied a a cultural holiday?
- How often does this happen?
- Do you know or know about your Great Great Grandparents?
- If you were able to talk to one of your Ancestors, who would it be? Why?
- If your parents are alive, when was the last time you asked them about their life, their dreams, their parents, grandparents?
- Do you know the story of your family?
- Have you ever considered the Law of Cause and Effect and the impact that a single decision made by one of your ancestors effected you today? What decision have you made that will effect those of future generations?
- If you were to think and write down your family strengths, what would be on the list?
- If you were to think and write down your family weaknesses, what would be on the list?
- How do these things on the list fit into your Life? Which need to be added? Which need to be addressed?
Families create the foundation and building blocks of our character. They are what influences all that we do in life and how we do it. Families are important aspects of our lives and our well-being. Healing family wounds can be beneficial and result in better health and greater happiness.
We can be profoundly affected by the life-changing decisions made by our ancestors; and, yet, we can do something to change these effects that obstruct and interfere with creating successful relationships.
Despite all its challenges, the family of your childhood is always your greatest gift. You are who you are today because of this family.
For more, visit us at: https://shamanic-vision.net/our-workshops/ancestoral-healing